1[ The Uttar Pradesh Agricultural Co-operative
Credit Structure Management and
Development Rules, 2006
In exercise of the powers under sub-section (1) of Section 130 of the Uttar Pradesh Co-operative Societies Act, 1965 (U.P. Act No. XI of 1966)read with clauses (xIiv) of sub-section (2) of the said section, the Governor is pleased to make the following rules to regulate the fund in a Khata to be maintained by the Uttar Pradesh Co-operative Bank Limited Lucknow.
1.Short title applicability and commencement.-(1) These rules may be called the Uttar Pradesh Agricultural Co-operative Credit Structure Management and Development Rules, 2006.
(2) They shall apply to all the Agricultural Co-operative Societies, District Co-operative Banks, registered or deemed to have been registered under the Uttar Pradesh Co-operative Societies Act, 1965(Uttar Pradesh Act No. 11 of 1966) and all the Co-operative Societies contributing into the Khata as established under these rules.
(3) They shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the Gazette.
2.Definitions.- In these rules unless the context otherwise requires-
(a) “District Administrative Committee” means a Committee constituted under sub-rule (4) of Rule 7 of the Uttar Pradesh Primary Agricultural Co-operative Credit Societies Centralized Service Rules, 1976.
(b) “ District Co-operative Bank” means a Central Co-operative Bank having its head office at the headquarters of a District.
(c) ”Khata” means a Khata established under Uttar Pradesh Agricultural Co-operative Credit Structure Management and Development Rules.
(d) “State Cadre Authority” means the Committee constituted under sub-rule(2) of Rule 7 of the U.P. Primary Agricultural Co-operative Credit Societies Centralized Service Rules. 1976.
(e) “Member Secretary” means the Managing Director, Uttar Pradesh Co-operative Bank Limited Lucknow.
(f) “Society and District/Central Co-operative Credit Society and District/Central Co-operative Bank registered under Uttar Pradesh Co-operative Societies Act, 1965.
3. Khata.- There shall be a ‘Khata’ to be maintained at Uttar Pradesh Co-operative Bank Limited, Lucknow the contribution to which shall come as prescribed in Rule 5 below.
4. Objects of the Khata.- The fund in the Khata may be utilize inter alia for the following purpose-
1. Vide Notification No. 3253/XLIX-1-06. dated 6th November, 2006. published U.P Gazette Extra Part. $, Section( Kha). dated 6th November,2006.
(i) to prepare action plan for the development, commercial expansion and self-dependence of the societies and to provide requisite assistance in the shape of share capital, margin money, writing off bad and doubtful loans etc., for these purposes.
(ii) to provide assistance to the District Administrative Committee for the payment of subsistence allowance of the suspended Secretaries of the U.P. Primary Agricultural Co-operative Credit Society Centralised Service Cadre, legal expense and for depositing contribution in the Provident Fund and Group Insurance Scheme of Primary Agricultural Co-operative Credit Societies Secretaries.
(iii) to provide assistance to the Primary Agricultural Co-operative Credit Societies for the managerial expenses.
(iv) to provide financial assistance, for revitalization of weak District Co-operative Banks, as share money or interest free loan.
5.Contribution in the Khata.- The Khata shall be constituted as under-
(1) by transfer of amount as per the direction of the Registrar, from the surplus amount available in the District Primary Centrlaised Service Fund which was prevalent prior to coming of these rules into existence.
(2) the contribution made by all District Co-operative Banks, U.P. Co-operative Bank, and other Apex Institution at the rate fixed by the Registrar from time to time.
(3) the contribution of financial assistance from other sources.
6. Time Schedule for remitting the contribution in the Khata.- The contributions payable by the District Co-operative Banks. U.P. Co-operative Bank, U.P. Co-operative Federation Limited and other Apex institutions shall be deposited in the Khata as per the schedule fixed by the Registrar from time to time.
7. Operation of the Khata.-Contributions received in the Khata shall be kept by the Uttar Pradesh Co-operative Bank. Lucknow in the account of “U.P. Agricultural Co-operative Credit Structure Management and Development Khata” which shall be open separately in its main branch and it shall be operated by Managing Director, Uttar Pradesh Co-operative bank limited, Lucknow as per the directions issued by the Registrar from time to time.
8.Removal of doubts and difficulties.-(1) If any dispute or doubt the interpretations or application of any of the provisions of the rules arises, the same shall be referred to the Registrar whose decisions shall be final and binding on all concerned.
The Registrar shall be empowered for the removal of any difficulty
on any matter relating to the enforcement of the provisions of these